Reflections on Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Blessed Trinity 8th graders.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

I'm Going to Miss You TKAM

In the last chapter in TKAM was when Boo Radley was there and Scout ask Boo if he wanted to say goodnight to Jem. Then Scout led Boo to Jem's room and Aunt Alexandra was there and she said that he can come in because Dr. Reynolds gave Jem a heavy sedative. Then Aunt Alexandra went to the living room because she wanted to talk with Atticus. Then Scout hold Boos hand and Boo let her, then Scout led him to Jem's room and then Scout told Boo that he can pet Jem because he was a sleep. Then Boo did pet him in the head and in that part I was very happy.

Then Boo ask Scout if he could take him home and then Scout said that he sounded like a child that was afraid of the dark. Then Scout led Boo to his house and when they got there they both walk to the steps and then Boo grab the doorknob and then went in  and shut the door behind him. Then Scout said that she never saw Boo Radley again. Then when Boo when inside the house, Scout put herself in his shoes and saw what happened through the whole book in Boo's perspective. Then Scout said that Atticus was right that you really never know someone if you step in his shoes. Then she went back home, and Scout was making his way home and then Scout went to Jem's room and Atticus was their and Jem was still sleeping and Scout wanted to stay with them and Atticus let her.

Then Scout ask Atticus on what he was reading and the book was called The Gray Ghost. Then Scout told Atticus if he could read the book to her and he did. Then when Atticus was reading, Scout fell asleep. Then when Scout woke up, Atticus was waking Scout to her room and Scout said he heard every word Atticus said. Then Scout told Atticus about the end of the story and Scout said that there was this Pearson name stoner boy and people assume bad things about them and at the end when they met him, he did not do all of those bad things., just like Boo.

In my opinion the book was good and I like how Boo went in Jem's room and put his hand over his hair and it showed how good of a person he really is and. That part also made me happy like I said before. The part when Boo told Scout if she could take him home made me sad just because in the way Scout described it. Then the last time we see Boo is when he went inside his house and it made me sad too because he was a good person and I just don't like how people assume bad things about him even though they never met him. In my opinion I like how Harper Lee put an example of another character in a different book with Boo.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the book was good. It also provided some symbolism and some life lessons we all should learn, like: stepping into someone's shoes to see things from their point of view, and showing true courage, which is not a person with a gun, but trying to do the right thing, even when it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this last blog post, I think that you had a lot of information on what had happened in the last chapter. I have to agree that the book was really good, and I also agree with you that it was emotional when Boo spoke for the first time, and he said it to Scout. It shows that Boo can trust Scout to walk him home, and for him to talk to her, and also because he has a sort of mental disorder that makes him act like a child. Overall good jib on this blog post I really enjoyed it. I think this is one of your best blog posts in my opinion, good job Aldo.

    ReplyDelete