Reflections on Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Blessed Trinity 8th graders.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

TKAM Chapter 31

        We finally see Boo at the end of TKAM. Scout thought at first that Boo was a countryman, but then she saw it was Boo. He has very pale skin, white clammy hands, he is very thin, gray eyes, and he has whitish, thin hair. Boo saved Scout and Jem when Bob was trying to kill them. Boo is Scout's and Jem's hero. Boo was watching them the whole time, since chapter 1 and some of the events that show this are gifts in the knot hole, covering Scout with a blanket, Sewed Jem's pants, he opened the shutters, he was laughing at Scout when she ran up with a tire, he was the shadow when Scout, Jem, and Dill peeked in the window, he wanted to say hi, but he got scared, and he saved Scout's and Jem's lives. All he wanted to do was to make a friend, so that is why he watched Scout and Jem. Boo killed Bob out of self-defense to save Scout and Jem. Boo may have a mental disability and he may enjoy the company of children. Nobody has gotten the time to understand Boo because it is the 1930s. When the Finch family, Heck Tate, and Boo were on the porch, Boo asked Scout to walk him home. Boo's voice sounds like a scared child. They walked to Boo's house and when Boo walked into his house, Scout never saw Boo again.
           I liked the book because this book has teached me a lot of moral lessons and one of them is doing the right thing. I will try doing the right thing even when it is hard. I knew if I do this, this will make me better as a person. This book is one of my favorite books because it has taught me many things that I can use in the future. I will try to use these things that I have learned from the book and use them because I want to be a better person in the future. I like how there was foreshadowing of what was going to happen in the book. I thought that this was also a fun book because there was some funny events that happened and there were some funny lines in the book. I can take many things from this book and I am going to miss this book.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, good job on summarizing how Boo saved Scout and Jem and describing how Boo looks like and acts. Including, with adding the events that Boo caused such as the gifts, tire incident, sewed up pants, and etc. I agree with you, this book was a good book and I could also learn a thing or too from it. There was a lot of moral lessons that not many people have. I to would like to learn these so I can become a better person as well. Overall, good blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with your blog post, Aiden. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. And it's great that you are trying to do the hard thing even when it is hard. I think we all have something to learn from To "Kill a Mockingbird." I also agree, there were some funny scenes like the one where Scout starts to hit the Cunningham because she got in trouble with the teacher. The foreshadowing of the book was also great, since chapter one Boo has had some impact on the kids. Overall good job in your summary and your personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good job Aiden with your blog post I liked reading your blog post. Good job explaining everything that has happened in the book all the way from the begging. He has been watching them since chapter one. That is very sad that no one wanted to understand him. And yes there are a lot of moral lessons that we can learn from this book.I also like this book and I am also going to miss this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on this I do think Boo has a mental disability. I liked how you listed all of the malicious acts Boo did was actually just loneliness and longing for a friend even if he is the one of the most reclusive people in literature. I agree with you on all the moral lessons each carrying its own level of significance. This book was entertaining, yet brings so much more than a way to pass time. I agree with you there is a lot of moral lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the blog post. I agree with you that this book taught me a lot of lessons and morals. I also agree with you that Boo is a good person and he didnt want any trouble. He would only do good things for the children. Boo has a mental disability like a little child and he would get scared as if a child would. I also agree with you that there were alot of foreshadowing. It gave many strong hints that Boo was a good person.

    ReplyDelete