Reflections on Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Blessed Trinity 8th graders.

Monday, October 22, 2018

Cunningham Family

Related imageI feel so bad for the Cunningham family, because they are so poor. I think that Walter's parents must be something, because they teach their kids not to accept anything that they can't pay back. I think that they way they raise kids is way different from the way I was raised. They are raised to not accept anything that they couldn't pay back, meanwhile, I would have taken that quarter for myself, and not even worry about paying her back. I would maybe do it eventually, but not right away. Sometimes, I wish I was raised by those parents, so I could be a better person.


Related image
When Walter Cunningham came over to their house, Scout was so rude to him. I understand why he poured all of the molasses on his food, because he never gets anything sweet. When coming over to the house he was contemplating if he should go or not, because he didn't know if it was something that he had to pay back, which it wasn't. I just feel bad for him, because he has to live without sugar and sweets, but I almost have sweets everyday. I feel really bad in what Walter has to go through with no sweets, and having to deal with people who are ignorant against him.

2 comments:

  1. I also feel bad for the cunninghams too because there are poor. Especially walter because he is extremely poor and I agree with you. I think that anyone will take the quarter because they will probably not pay him/her back. I agree that people are very ignorant with him too because they do not understand what is going on with him like walter. Overall Kaylee awesome job with this blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on your blog post. I also feel very bad for the Cunninghams. They are very poor, and they barely have enough money to maintain themselves. I am also surprised how Walter wouldn't accept the quarter. He is already very poor and I would think that he would take the quarter since he is so poor, but he didn't because he knew he would not be able to pay her back. He was raised very differently in a good way. He knew not to take the quarter, even though he could have taken it and never given it back. I also feel that Scout was rude when Walter came over. She shouldn't have been so ignorant toward Walter. She called him out for putting molasses all over his food, and she made him feel embarrassed. Over all, you did a great job describing the Cunninghams and what you think about them.

    ReplyDelete