Reflections on Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Blessed Trinity 8th graders.

Monday, November 12, 2018

Atticus Knows Everything

Image result for memes with atticusAtticus makes his children, Jem and Scout, think that he doesn't know anything, but really he knows about everything. He had an idea about the Boo Radley game, he knew about the knothole, and he knew that Jem went back for his pants. Atticus probably knows everything Jem and Scout have done ever since they started to be more curious about Boo Radley. The worst thing is, Jem and Scout think that Atticus doesn't know anything, but in reality, he knows everything. Atticus wants his kids to come to him and tell the truth, to teach a lesson. Atticus has great patience for his children, because he waits a long time, and he knows that eventually Jem or Scout will tell him everything that they have done. To me, that is scary, because it makes me think about my own parents, and if they know more than I think they know. 

Image result for memes with dwight about boo radleyInstead of believing rumors like everyone else, Atticus steps into the other person's skin and see's it from their point of view. Take Boo Radley for example, everyone spreads, most likely, false rumors about him, but instead of believing in the rumors like everyone else, he trusts Boo. He let Boo put a blanket over his own daughter, because he doesn't think that Boo is a murderer. Atticus is truly a person that I look up to, and I want to be more like him. Atticus is a man of high moral standards and integrity. I think that he sets a good example for his children, and for everyone around him. Atticus holds people to higher standards, and that is why he has patience in waiting for his kids to tell him the truth. 

2 comments:

  1. You had a very good entertaining blog post. I agree that Atticus knows way more than the children think he does. Atticus is a good parent and does want his children to tell the truth on their own and I also get scared when I think about the possibility that my parents know more than I think they do. Atticus is a character of integrity and why he's so trusting with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that Scout and Jem should have more respect for Atticus. He does a lot for Scout and Jem and they don't even realize it. I also think that I can relate to this because my parents do a lot for me and sometimes I don't think about it and take their love for me for granted. Sometimes I think that my parents don't understand somethings in my life but they actually know more than me and take that for granted to.

    ReplyDelete