Reflections on Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" from Blessed Trinity 8th graders.

Monday, November 5, 2018

Is Boo Radley nice?

We all know that there is a chance that Boo Radley could be misunderstood as a serial killer.He may be a nice guy who has been hiding all this time because of all the gossips  people say about him.There is a lot of proof to support it one is the gifts that Jem and Scout used to receive in the knot hole which were gum,strings,and carvings of both of them(Jem and Scout).Another is Jem's pants Boo Radley could of try fixing them before Jem got to his house to get them back.Last reason is better than the two reasons that I have and it's giving Scout a blanket.Miss Maudie's house was burning and Atticus went to go help because Maycomb doesn't have any fire department.When he comes back he ask where did Scout get a blanket,Jem tells her that Boo Radley did it and that got Scout freaked out,I would agree with Scout because it would be creepy if a stranger walked behind me and gave me a blanket without me noticing.

I like that there is a chance of Boo Radley been nice because there is actually a chance he is nice.In my opinion I want to hear more about Boo Radley in the next chapters to see if he does anything nice again to prove that he is a nice guy.If I was Scout I would be freaked out because it would be scary for a guy to go behind me and give me things,described as a dangerous person,but we don't know if it's true gossips. What do you think would you be freaked out too about a stranger giving you things without you noticing.Do you also think Boo Radley might be a nice guy and was misunderstood this whole time let me know,do you agree with what I said?

3 comments:

  1. I'm in between with what you said, I think that Arthur Radley is just a guy with his own problems and that he is just trying to be nice to Jem and Scout. Personally, If I was scout I wouldn't find it creepy that a stranger would give me a blanket. I would find it fascinating that the person that I've been trying to see for years was right behind me and I could have just turned around to see him. Overall, good blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that Artur is a good person. I do not need to know much more about him to know this though. I would also find it creepy that a stanger to sneak up behind me and give me a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that Boo Radley isn't as bad as everyone makes him seem. I also think that it's a little creepy the things that he's doing, even though his intentions may be good his actions are still creepy. Which is why I also agree with you about how if I was Scout I would be creeped out.

    ReplyDelete